FS: Harris Platinum Amplifer, 66-72 MHz version

Use this forum to advertise gear related to the 4 m band, etc.

FS: Harris Platinum Amplifer, 66-72 MHz version

Postby KZ1X » Fri 29 Dec 2017, 23:10

Hello

I have two Harris Platinum I linear amplifier modules. These would be ideal for use on the 70 MHz amateur band outside of North America, because they are already 'there' frequency-wise. Only the connector modifications (well documented on-line) and power and cooling would be needed for operation.

These amplifiers require nominal 50VDC @40A at full 1kW output. Approximately 10W drive is needed for this output.

They are clean/used/untested, and as-removed from a fairly late model then-operational 60 kW US TV channel 4 analogue NTSC broadcast transmitter.

The dimensions of the amplifier modules are approximately 38cm wide x 16cm high x 70cm long, and they weigh just over 13 kg each.

I had planned to convert these for use here in the US on the 6 meter band but my plans changed. These are now surplus to my needs.

Please note ... These units have been donated to the local ham club and I am looking to sell them by the end of January to raise cash for that group.

Because shipping and other costs might be prohibitive for EU based users (e.g., to ship one of these to Paris would cost about US$250 plus whatever VAT they collect there), I am willing to entertain offers for these that would otherwise be considered insultingly low.

In the case of multiple and/or relatively-un-insulting offers, preference will be given to someone who would buy both units.

Steve KZ1X/4
KZ1X

Return to For sale, wanted, etc.