New callsigns/DXCCs and DX cluster spots

Use this forum for news, general chit chat and items of general interest to 4 m operators

New callsigns/DXCCs and DX cluster spots

Postby OZ2M » Tue 29 Jun 2010, 19:20

Hi

Due to the number of false 70 MHz spots made by 7 MHz operators validation of DX cluster spots takes place from 69,9 MHz to 70,6 MHz. This is done by allowing only spots where either the DX station or the spotting station has permission to transmit.

It is therefore paramount that all DXCC prefixes, which is not difficult, but also callsigns, currently only relevant for German non DI2 stations, inform me by email because I maintain the validation list. Otherwise spots may not show up on the DX cluster network.

Bo, OZ2M - Looking for DX? Try VUSHF DX-peditions www.rudius.net/dxp
OZ2M
Site Admin

Location and locator: Herlev 10 km west of Copenhagen, JO65FR

Postby VE9AA » Sun 24 Apr 2011, 23:27

Hi Bo,

I wonder what about the small amount of NA Stns in VE/W (etc.) that have 4m RX capability and are looking to make crossband contacts?

I recall a year or two ago hearing a station on 4m, but when spotted by me, it never made the cluster. This station was not on ON4KST.COM chats, so there was no way to alert them to a possibility of a X-Band QSO.

Although W/VE do not have priviledges, it would be advantageous to be able to spot stations heard and hopefully line up a Cross Band contact if possible.

Cheers,

MIke VE9AA
I know myself, K1SIX, W3EP, W3CMP, VE2DFO etc. all have 4m RX....there are many more on this side as well.
73 de VE9AA Mike FN66na
QRV 4m X-band.
VE9AA

Location and locator: FN66na

Postby OZ2M » Mon 27 Jun 2011, 11:07

Hi

Only spots where either the DX station or the spotting station has permission to transmit are shown. So if you spot e.g. me it is not a problem because OZ is valid on 4 m.

If you hear OIRT signals or the like add a Q in front to pass the filter.

Bo, OZ2M - Looking for DX? Try VUSHF DX-peditions www.rudius.net/dxp
OZ2M
Site Admin

Location and locator: Herlev 10 km west of Copenhagen, JO65FR

Postby K1SIX » Mon 25 Jul 2011, 00:47

So if I understand this correctly, it is a logical OR filter. Either or with permission to tx and the spot will be valid. Please ensure that the callsign WE9XUP/B is validated. This is an exception for North America and it is likely to see North Americans without 4M tx privileges, spotting this callsign. That permit will expire in September 2011 and it is my hope that it will be renewed.

Thanks,
Bob K1SIX
4M Rx Only
K1SIX

Location and locator: FN43ad SW New Hampshire, USA

Re: New callsigns/DXCCs and DX cluster spots

Postby F5DQK » Fri 12 Apr 2013, 14:41

In early years 1990, they was many four Meter activity especially in ZB country.
Many of there were QRV on four SSB (also two beacons on six and four), but also on the crossband QRG's of 50.185 and 28.885 MHz. Now, no more activity there (only one in FM and with a portable rig), and beacons coaxial cables eaten by the apes ! ! !
Now that plenty of european countries are allowed, so why do 95% of allowed hams only listen to the 70 MHz band and disapreciate so much a crossband QSO ? ? I (we) must really be motivated, keep the passion intact (or even be full) to continue this way because of missing this way 4/5th of all possible contacts ! ! !
Even on 4 meter dedicated days, no one G station keeps an ear on this Xband possibility possiblilities !

I'd many Xband QSO's on shortwaves, and also a lot with G's hams on 144, 432 and 1296 MHz

So hams of all allowed countries, please think largely more to ham like me, who'll never have a chance to get this band a day for tXing. Also all these G hams in holydays in EA or CT ! ! !And have also a look on the marvellous ON4KST chat

Great thanks in advance and 73 à tous de Marcel F5DQK
F5DQK

Postby GW8ASD » Fri 12 Apr 2013, 15:10

I've had many cross band QSO's, 4M to 6M, including F5QT, and F5CLT.

I'll be looking again, this year. :)

Look out for me on ON4KST.

Cheers

Tony
50MHz, and above, from IO83lb
GW8ASD

Location and locator: IO83lb

Postby HH2JR » Sat 1 Jul 2017, 16:05

1st July 2017

Hi Bo,
At Radio Club Haïti we are monitoring 4M this weekend on JT65, CW etc.
Are using special event callsign: 4V1TL
https://www.qrz.com/db/4V1TL
Hope can be heard !!!
HH2JR
HH2JR

Return to General news, etc.